RK ADLER LLP understands that a law firm plays a pivotal role in the growth of its clients’ businesses, particularly with regard to intellectual property. Our intellectual property practice focuses on all issues of brand and product development, as well as creative licensing, entertainment, gaming, and emerging legal issues. As a law firm specializing in technology, media, and entertainment start-ups, we offer a range of services to develop, acquire, enforce, and defend your IP rights.
Below you will find a list of our focus areas and sample services.
RK ADLER LLP’s clients span a range of industries in the copyright arena, including media and advertising agencies, fashion technology companies, clothing/textile brands, motion picture funds and producers, writers, bloggers, software companies, green technology companies, and more. Our lawyers specialize in many areas of copyright law, including:
- Counseling and advising on copyright filings, emerging industry issues, and infringement;
- Advising and filing for copyright registrations;
- Handling infringement matters; and
- Negotiating and drafting agreements relating to scripts, licensing, and software.
Trademarks are an absolutely essential initial step in brand development. Our trademark practice goes hand-in-hand with your corporate and brand development. We work with both emerging and traditional corporate entities to ensure that their corporate identity is protected and defended. Our services include:
- Advising, searching, and analyzing trademark availability;
- Preparing and registering your corporate name, logo, trade dress, and trade name with the USPTO and international registrars;
- Reviewing and maintaining trademark portfolios;
- Monitoring for potential infringement;
- Licensing, assigning, and transacting trademarks between individuals and entities; and
- Handling infringement matters.
RK ADLER LLP recognizes that in today’s economy, no matter what you do, the internet will play an integral role in your company's development. We carefully monitor all emerging policies concerning sharing and privacy issues, as well as e-commerce and social media policy. Our clients include bloggers, online retailers, publishing houses, and design firms. Some services in this area include:
- Launch and development of corporate websites, and e-commerce platforms;
- Advising on and drafting of terms of service, privacy, and sharing policies;
- Counsel on licensing technology and sub-licensing software; and
- Counsel on digital distribution of film and music.